Are you looking for a firmer, tighter, flatter stomach? An Abdominoplasty or “Tummy Tuck” is one of the most popular procedures at Beleza MedSpa, and can help to restore what time, gravity, children and weight changes may have taken away.
Let’s face it, we all want a flat stomach. Eating right and exercising are extremely important if you want a flat stomach, but despite hours spent at the gym and plenty of time spent dieting, sometimes that midsection bulge and loose skin refuses to go anywhere. Maybe you’ve even tried things like the tummy tuck belt.
Tummy Tucks work on three levels: Removal of excess skin and stretch marks, Removal of Excess Fat and Repair of the abdominal muscles that have been stretched from pregnancy or weight gain/loss.
• An Abdominoplasty or full Tummy Tuck is the standard procedure most people have done. Significant amounts of excess skin and fat can be removed, along with repair of the muscle layer of the abdomen.
• A Mini-Tummy Tuck is for relatively, thinner patients who have primarily loose abdominal muscles and a small amount of lower abdominal fat. Only a small percentage of patients are candidates. Liposuction is performed on the abdomen and the abdominal muscles, usually from the belly button down are tightened and a smaller amount of skin is removed.
• A Lipo-Tummy Tuck, or Lipo-Abdominoplasty is a combination procedure where some liposuction is done, along with a slightly lesser degree of muscle tightening and can be performed on heavier patients.
Yes! Most patients can have additional procedures such as breast surgery, facial surgery or liposuction during the same procedure.
• Patients with excess hanging skin, especially with a fold of skin on the lower abdomen when standing.
• Significant amounts of stretch marks
• Abdominal muscles which are loose and allow the abdomen to “bulge” when relaxed.
• Patients who have realistic expectations.
• Patients in otherwise poor health – poorly controlled diabetes or uncontrolled high blood pressure for example.
• Patients who are severely overweight
• Women planning on having children in the next 2-5 years.Patients who smoke and are unwilling to quit.
• Plan on having someone stay with you full-time after the procedure for the first few days.
• You’ll feel most comfortable in a “recliner” position – back reclined and knees bent.
• Have extra dressings, baby wipes, and loose clothing available.
• You’ll meet with our doctors, anesthesia staff and nurses to answer any remaining questions and help prepare you for the procedure.
• During the surgery you’ll be given an anesthetic and will be completely asleep and pain-free.
• The surgery itself can take an hour to two hours depending on the patient.When you wake up you’ll be in the recovery area and will have a tight elastic garment around your waist and a small drain tube.
• We want you to rest at home for the first few days, getting up regularly to move about.
• Have someone help you clean your incision daily and apply new dressings.
• Wear your garment 24/7 except for dressing changes for the first two weeks and during waking hours after that for another 4 weeks.
• Record the output from the drainage tube regularly – it is generally removed in 7-10 days.
• At two weeks you can resume some light exercise such as walking, gradually increasing over the next several weeks, avoiding heavy lifting and sit-ups for two to three months.
• The rate of complications for this procedure is very low, but your surgery and recovery will be very closely monitored to prevent any possible problems.
• We want you or your caregiver to contact us with any concerns you may have.
• Meet with our Surgical Consultants for an initial evaluation as well as scheduling and pricing options.
• Ready to move forward? You’ll then meet with our surgeons for a full consultation and evaluation prior to your surgery date.
If you want to get rid of that loose skin, Dr David Dellinger can help. At Beleza MedSpa, we offer abdominoplasty, or tummy tucks, which is an efficient way to flatten your abdomen. Dr. Dellinger will determine during a pre-operative examinations the best plan for your body shape, walking you through the procedure step-by-step. During the tummy tuck surgery, any excess skin and fat will be removed, revealing the contours of your natural body shape.
Beleza Medspa also offers smartlipo laser liposuction. You may find this to be an option for you.
We offer free consultations for Tummy Tucks and Liposuction. Call or email now!