Austin Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Staci Hix-Hernandez MD, leads the Beleza Medspa Plastic Surgery department. Dr. Hix-Hernandez brings a wealth of knowledge and a unique skill set to Beleza and is committed to providing the highest level of personalized care to her patients.
Formerly with Baylor Scott & White Health in Round Rock, Texas, Dr. Hix-Hernandez brings over seven years of experience of Plastic Surgery in Round Rock at a major teaching hospital to Beleza. Her specialties include advanced and complex cosmetic and aesthetic surgeries with a primary emphasis on Breast Augmentation and Reduction, Tummy Tucks, Mommy Makeovers, Body Contouring, and Cosmetic Revisions.
Staci Hix-Hernandez, MD studied at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, earning her doctorate of medicine in 2003. She was honored with the Humanities and Medicine Award in 2003 and also graduated with honors in OB/GYN and Surgery. Prior to receiving her doctorate, Hix-Hernandez, MD studied at Texas Tech University College of Arts and Sciences receiving a Bachelor of Science and Molecular Biology in 1999, Magna Cum Laude.
Dr. Hix-Hernandez has received countless awards from 2008 – 2017, including Austin Monthly’s Top Doc in 2015 and 2017, Leading Physicians of the World in 2015, and most recently she was named American Institute of Plastic Surgeons “10 Best in Plastic Surgeons” for Texas in 2017. Furthering her practice, Dr. Hix-Hernandez is also an active member of several prestigious professional organizations including the American College of Surgeons, the American Medical Association, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Professional Wound Care Association, the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the Texas Medical association. In addition to her experience, Dr. Hix-Hernandez is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has also been featured in several publications due to her outstanding work.
Dr. Hix-Hernandez is dedicated to enhancing Beleza Medspa’s cosmetic surgery image and will be an integral part of ongoing, company-wide surgery initiatives. When she’s not practicing, Dr. Hix-Hernandez enjoys a fitness-focused lifestyle and is extremely passionate about nutrition.
If you are looking for the best plastic surgery in Austin TX, Dr. Hix-Hernandez should be on your list! Dr. Hix-Hernandez will be seeing patients at all Beleza Medspa Locations. Prospective patients are encouraged to book their appointments now with Dr. Hix-Hernandez to avoid a delay in scheduling. To schedule a free consultation with Austin Plastic Surgeon Dr. Hix-Hernandez, patients may call or email a spa coordinator at 1.800.509.9785 or email@example.com, or submit an appointment request online.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, May 2003
Honors: Humanities and Medicine Award 2003, Honors in OB/GYN and Surgery
Texas Tech University College of Arts and Sciences, May 1999
B.S. Cell and Molecular Biology, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Tri-Beta, Magna Cum Laude
University of Tennessee College of Medicine – Chattanooga
July 2008 – June 2009, Resident
July 2009 – June 2010, Chief Resident
Scott & White Memorial Hospital/Texas A&M University
July 2003 – June 2007, Resident
July 2007 – June 2008, Administrative Chief Resident
American College of Surgeons, 2003-present
American Medical Association, 2003 – present
American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2008 – present
Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2013-present
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons – 2008-present
The American Professional Wound Care Association – 2011-2015
1. Hart B, Erickson R, LeBlanc C, Hix-Hernandez S, Shabahang M. “Adenocarcinoma of the distal pancreas presenting as an intrathoracic mass.” Current Surgery, Volume 63, Issue 5, September-October 2006, Pages 330-333
2. Davis M, Quayle F, Middleton W, Acosta L, Hix-Hernandez S, Snyder S, Moley J, Brunt L, Lairmore T. “Ultrasound facilitates minimally invasive parathyroidectomy in patients lacking definitive localization from preoperative sestamibi scan.” American Journal of Surgery, Volume 194, Issue 6, 25 March 2007, Pages 785-791
1. Hix-Hernandez S, Erickson R, Whaley G, James A, Sing J, Shabahang M. “The natural history of pancreatic cysts.” American College of Surgeons, October 2006, Chicago IL.
2. Hix-Hernandez S, Davis M, Carpenter S, Eckford J, Shabahang M, Lairmore T. “Merckel Cell Carcinoma: A single institution experience over 16 years.” Southwestern Surgical Congress: poster of distinction, April 2007.
3. Davis M, Hix-Hernandez S, Smith, R, Ciceri D. “Adrenal Insufficiency in the ICU.” Texas Surgical Society, April 2006, Galveston TX.
4. Davis M, Quayle F, Hix-Hernandez S, Middleton W, Schmitt C, Hall B, Moley J, Brunt L, Snyder S, Lairmore T. “Ultrasound Facilitates Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy in Patients Lacking Definitive Localization from Preoperative Sestamibi Scan.” Southwest Surgical Congress, April 2007.
5. Hix-Hernandez S. “An Update in Breast Disease” Scott & White Medical/Surgical Update Conference. February 2007, Crested Butte, CO.
6. Hix-Hernandez S. Shabahang M. “Use of the Ligasure device for dissection of the uncinate process.” American Medical Association fall meeting, November 2006, Las Vegas, Nevada.
7. Hix-Hernandez S, Erickson R, Whaley G, James A, Sing J, Shabahang M. “The natural history of pancreatic cysts.” South Texas Chapter of American College of Surgeons, February 2007, Houston TX.
8. Wild J, Scruggs J, Erickson R, Sing J, Eckford J, Hix-Hernandez S, Shabahang M. “Significance of loss of interface with portal vessels in prognosis of pancreatic adenocarcinoma.” Society of Surgical Oncology, March 2007, Washington DC.
9. Hix-Hernandez S, Davis M, Shabahang M. “Perceptions of the Duty Hour Restrictions: A Survey of Resident Spouses.” American College of Surgeons, October 2007, New Orleans LA.
10. Hix-Hernandez S, Velanovich V, Rajab H, Staniunas R, Shabahang M. “A Comparison of Appetite Suppression in Patients Undergoing Upper versus Lower Gastrointestinal Tumor Resection.” 11. American College of Surgeons, October 2007, New Orleans LA.
12. Hix-Hernandez S, Simmons J, Buckley S, Atkins M, Bohannon W, Feldtman R, Buckley C, Bush R. “Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair in Females: A Single Institutional Experience.” South Texas Chapter of American College of Surgeons, February 2008, Houston TX.
13. Hix-Hernandez S, Simmons J, Buckley S, Atkins M, Bohannon W, Feldtman R, Buckley C, Bush R. “Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair in Females: A Single Institutional Experience.” Southwest Surgical Conference, April 2008, Acapulco, Mexico.
HONORS / AWARDS
2008 – Raleigh Ross Surgical Scholar Award
2008 – John McKenney Award for Chief Resident as Role Model
2008 – Arthur C. Scott Resident Research Award for Excellence in Research
2007 – Arthur C. Scott Resident Research Award for Excellence in Research
2013 – America’s Top Surgeons
2015 – Austin Monthly Top Doc
2015 – Leading Physicians of the world
2016 – Austin Monthly Top Doc
2017 – Texas Monthly Rising Star
2017 – American Institute of Plastic Surgeons “10 Best in Plastic Surgeons” for Texas
October 2014: panelist for Susan Koman Foundation Event
February 2014: speaker for Marble Falls High School Career Day
May 2014: Sports physicals outreach
February 2015: speaker for Marble Falls High School Career Day
February 2016: speaker for Marble Falls High School Career Day
May 2016: Sports physicals outreach
February 2017: speaker for Marble Falls High School Career Day
May 2017: Sports physicals outreach
Order of the Eastern Star: 2014-present
Officer positions: 2015 Marshall, 2016: Ruth
Texas Tech Alumni Association Board Member: 2014 – present
Committee Chair 2015/2016: chapter development and academic recruiting
Committee Chair 2015/2016: chapter development and academic recruiting
Pink Heels Run: October 2013
Pink Party for Koman: May 2014
Head for the Cure: March 2016
CapTex 10K: April 2016